Plant Sales Live on JuliaRedman.com

Friday, August 1, 2008

Generations Tie Dye

Etsy: Your place to buy & sell all things handmade
GenerationsTieDye.etsy.com


In about one month I will be participating in the Artisans at Artway Trunk Show along with 9 other Etsy artisans. This will be held Sept 6th, 2008, 11AM to 4PM at Polymer Clay Express in Damascus, MD. I will be bringing an assortment of plants of course, but what of the other exhibitors? What WONDROUS GOODIES WILL THEY BRING!? hmm...let's see... Oh! Well one of the sellers with pretty unique stuff and something for everyone you know is Deb of Generations Tie Dye. She's a wonderful, energetic woman who loves her craft and I have enjoyed chatting with her. I asked her to tell us a little more about herself, and this is what she had to say:

Generations Tie Dye provides an outlet for my tie-dyeing addiction, allowing me to sell what I make so I can buy MORE stuff to tie-dye! I pride myself on doing tie-dye in my own style, trying to create both garments that are fun and pieces that are unusual: tops for the office, layette sets, pillowcases, up-cycled second-hand items.

Tie-dyeing started as a way to create baby gifts for all my pregnant friends and as my own children have grown, I've begun dyeing garments for toddlers, older kids, and adults. Along with the usual assortment of classic spiral and heart patterns, I enjoy trying new patterns and color combinations I haven't seen anywhere else, and dyeing different garments and accessories.

Custom orders are probably the thing I enjoy the most. Working with someone to match their specifications and co-creating pieces is deeply satisfying to me. I love the process of starting with a "blank canvas" and creating wearable art made just for its new owner!

I have to agree with you Deb, it is great fun to play with color and you certainly do have some great colors and patterns in your work! 3 Hearts Up!

No comments: