Plant Sales Live on JuliaRedman.com

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Sreepy, the backyard alligator



Everyone, meet Sreepy, the backyard alligator. He has a lazy streak and some allergies, and much prefers the life at home to life in the swamp. His main diet is cookies. He looks a little ridiculous, with his lazy eyes and crooked teeth, which I think is just right. I had wanted to make an alligator when I started making Teh, the cartoon lizard, but as I started working over his head I realized he was a much better little lizard than alligator. But as it turns out Teh's new mommy also wanted an alligator! We talked it over, she made some really great suggestions in terms of color and attitude of the animal and this sparked all kinds of ideas in me that led to Sreepy. I'm really pleased with how he turned out and very happy that she asked about alligators. I don't think he would have been nearly as cool without the ideas she provided. Thanks omeow!

No comments: