Plant Sales Live on JuliaRedman.com

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Paph. Fumi's Delight 'Olivia'

Paph. Fumi's Delight 'Olivia'
In bloom this week: Paph. Fumi's Delight 'Olivia'
= (armeniacum x micranthum)

This is a first bloom seedling that I'm really rather pleased with. Lovely yellow color from armeniacum, plus a little patterning from micranthum, with the size you would expect from this pairing. I've been looking over the other things I have in bloom at the moment trying to decide who I can apply its pollen to...any suggestions? Right now I'm thinking I might go with one of my plants of Paph. Wössner Vollmond, particularly the one I call 'Angel Wings' because it has nice size in general with large, wavy petals. Wössner Vollmond is niveum x armeniacum. The downside of this pairing is the offspring will likely be white, not yellow. White is nice too, but the yellow color is just so warm and pleasing. Maybe I'll just make something just odd, such as Fumi's Delight x venustum or Maudiae. Hey, it could turn out really cool! Of course it could also be totally hideous... But that's the fun of making seeds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Julia - I love all your plants on etsy, especially those that I got from you earlier this year - glad to see you started a blog - I am considering one too! Take care, Amy aka oblinaknit